Friday, April 13, 2012

Today In The Handprints Household

We've had some interesting comments from Rosie today, all trending slightly towards the gross side.  I mean, it happens when you're a parent.  Those little details you never thought about when daydreaming about parenthood.  Yep.  You hear things you never...really...thought of...hearing.  I'll give you the three best samples from the day:

1.  Rosie, this morning at breakfast:  "I want prunes.  I wanna poop."

And I had no idea that she was so well educated in prunes', uh, usefulness.

2.  Rosie, when getting up from her nap:  "Help, Mommy!  I got boogers on my watch!"

And yes, she did, and no, it wasn't pretty.  I won't give any more details.  It was not my favorite clean-up job of all time, I can tell you that.  Wait.  Do I have a favorite clean-up job of all time???  I'll have to get back to you on that one.

3.  Rosie, while I was, um, cleaning up her watch:  "Look, Mommy!  I got hairs in my foot!"

What I thought I heard at first was, "Look, Mommy!  I got hairy foot!" which would have been even more interesting.  I think this was her way of suggesting that perhaps my next cleaning job should be vacuuming the carpets. I'll take it under advisement, kiddo.  ;)

------------

*Edit: Moments after originally posting this, Piper apparently decided to get in on the action, too.  So she came up to me and pulled a big wad of hairs out of her mouth and graciously handed it to me.  I don't even know where I am anymore, I'm so confused.  I just vacuumed in here!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment